Sri Lanka is going through its worst economic meltdown due to malpractices and illegal activities of politicians in power. The Sri Lankan public has united against corruption and demands justice for the crimes committed against the country.
The Global Centre for Monitoring Political and Economic Crimes in Sri Lanka is established by a group of Sri Lankans living abroad to monitor political and economic crimes in Sri Lanka and use international mechanisms to hold the politicians accountable.
Justice for Sri Lanka
Our mission is threefold:
1. Investigate the political and economic crimes committed by Sri Lankan politicians and their close allies
2. Hold them accountable for their crimes
3. Use national and international laws and mechanisms to ensure reparations
Sri Lanka is going through a difficult period due to continued and longstanding practices of corruption, nepotism, and malpractice among the political elite. At the Global Centre for Monitoring Political and Economic Crimes in Sri Lanka, we aim to;
• Raise global awareness on political and financial crimes to prevent responsible politicians and their allies from seeking refuge outside of Sri Lanka
• Document their crimes and collect evidence to hold them accountable in national or international courts
• Use legal measures to reclaim the stolen money.